In 2021, Custom Concrete Contracting began working with One Tree Planted to plant one tree for every cubic yard of concrete we pour.
Donating to One Tree Planted is part of Custom Concrete’s commitment to offset our carbon footprint and care for the global environment.
The concrete construction work we do adds up to a lot of trees planted! For example, in January 2021, Custom Concrete poured 303.5 cubic yards, and thus we donated 304 trees. Those trees benefited the Protect the Orca program, which plants trees throughout the Pacific Northwest to help with salmon habitat. We hope that, over time, those trees will help boost Chinook salmon numbers, which will in turn help the endangered southern resident orcas.
In addition to the Protect the Orca program, Custom Concrete also donates to One Tree Planted reforestation projects in Colorado, Rwanda and elsewhere around the world.
Trees planted since January 2021
Trees planted so far:
- January 2021: 304 trees (Orca Project)
- February 2021: 102 trees (Colorado)
- March 2021: 50 trees (Rwanda)
- April 2021: 270 trees (Orca Project)
- May 2021: 560 trees (Chippewa National Forest)
- June 2021: 400 trees (Amazon Rainforest)
- July 2021: 332 trees (Orca Project)
- August 2021: 333 trees (Oregon)
- September 2021: 429 trees (Australia)
- October 2021: 450 trees (Orca Project)
- November 2021: 398 trees (California wildfires)
One Tree Planted is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose goal is to make it easy for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Its projects, which span the globe, are done in partnership with local communities and knowledgeable experts to benefit nature, people and wildlife.
To learn more, visit the One Tree Planted website at https://onetreeplanted.org/.