BENEFITS OF CHOOSING A CAREER IN CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION
Quickstart career with good pay
- No college degree required. Start a construction career upon high school graduation.
- Generous starting wage with the opportunity to quickly earn more based on initiative and experience.
- Access to medical and dental insurance coverage for qualified team members.
- Paid holidays, 401(k) matching, life insurance and financial wellness planning.
In-demand trade with hands-on training
- Invest in learning a lifelong trade. There will always be concrete work that needs to be done.
- Concrete construction skills transfer from state to state. Be employable no matter where you live.
- Receive on-the-job training and mentorship from experienced concrete contractors.
Continuing education and chance for advancement
- Opportunity to fund continuing education. Work while going to college (seasonal employment during summer months).
- Architect, engineer, project, and construction management majors—become a well-rounded construction professional with hands-on jobsite experience.
- Work up to a construction management career–from laborer to flatwork finisher to foreman to site superintendent to estimator to project manager.
Working conditions and company culture
- Spend your days outdoors where there is always a change of scenery (different job sites).
- Be a valuable team member—it’s a “brotherhood of concrete finishers/laborers”.
- Work alongside those who have a strong work ethic, communicate openly and hold each other to high standards.
- Take pride in building projects around the community. Concrete projects will be around for decades.
- Be artistic! Take imperfect ingredients (cement, water, rock, sand) and mold them into something creative and cool.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
April 16, 2021. Open until filled.
Construction project engineer. This position is ideal for an emergent construction leader who is organized and an effective communicator. Advancement opportunities are available for those who show passion, skill and motivation. Minimum of two years of construction project engineering experience required, working knowledge of Procore construction management software. $60K+/year depending on experience. CCC pays 75% of premiums for medical and dental insurance coverage for qualified team members. Paid holidays, 401K matching, life insurance and financial wellness planning.
April 14, 2021. Open until filled.
Concrete builder/finisher. This position is perfect for an experienced concrete professional looking to make a change (3+ years’ finishing experience required). $25-$40/hour depending on experience with potential for career advancement based on talents and ambition. CCC pays 75% of premiums for medical and dental insurance coverage for qualified team members. Paid holidays, 401K matching, life insurance and financial wellness planning.
Custom Concrete Contracting has earned a reputation for delivering a high-quality product. Our clients include individual property owners, home builders and remodeling companies, commercial contractors, and governmental agencies who trust us to get the job done right…the first time.
You can join our team of concrete finishing pros! If you have a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude, please review current job openings and job descriptions shown above. Then apply via Indeed.com or download and print CCC’s employment application and email or mail it to:
Custom Concrete Contracting, Attention: Human Resources
PO Box 31775, Bellingham, WA 98228