Another heartwarming community-building project is in the books!
Hope House, an outreach program of Catholic Community Services on the grounds of Assumption Parish in Bellingham, recently opened the doors of its brand-new facility.
Working as a subcontractor for RAM Construction, Custom Concrete Contracting had the pleasure of installing sidewalks, curbing, access ramps and more. As you may have read in the past, we love working on concrete projects like this one for Hope House that better the community around us.
Here’s a bit of the concrete installation that we did for this community-building project — which, if you’d like to check it out, is located at 207 Kentucky St. in Bellingham:
- A smooth, wide concrete sidewalk that wraps around the building from front to back, connecting the sidewalk along Kentucky Street with the front and back doors and the disabled parking at the rear of Hope House.
- A 23-foot-long ramp that rises from ground level to the large concrete landing outside the front door.
- A set of 5-foot-wide concrete stairs that rise from the sidewalk to the front door.
- Extensive concrete curbing that wraps around the building — from the front sidewalk, around the rear parking, and off to the far edge of the property.
- Two ADA-accessible entries: one at the front door, as mentioned above, and another surface-level entry at the rear, with easy, curb-free access from the parking lot. In that rear section, we nudged the concrete up expertly against the brick siding and sloped the landing slightly away from the building to direct stray rainwater into the parking lot.
We’ve heard that the folks at Hope House are ecstatic with their new space — especially for the ways in which it improves their ability to care for the poor and needy in Bellingham — and we’re honored to have been a part of that.
If you’re on the lookout for excellent concrete flatwork done to high standards in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden, Burlington or throughout Whatcom or Skagit counties, just give Custom Concrete a call or reach out online.