Custom Concrete Contracting crews recently completed an impressive project at Maple Street Apartments in Bellingham.
The new residential building completes a four phase mixed-use development that added essential housing units in Downtown Bellingham. The apartments are centrally located close to waterfront activities, shopping and Western Washington University.
Our concrete flatwork finishing company was hired by Dawson Construction—they served as general contractor on the project that was designed by RMC Architects, also of Bellingham.
The scope of work Custom Concrete handled included:
- Forming and placement of exterior concrete surfaces.
- 2,750 SF of broom finish sidewalks with expansion joints, ADA ramps and cut-outs for landscaping.
- 400 SF of vertical walls, with necessary footings.
- Six broom finish residential entry porches with stairs that allowed ground floor access to townhouse style apartments (image above).
- 300’ of poured in place curb and gutter
As usual, our portion of the Maple Street Apartment project was completed on time and on budget, despite winter weather conditions (because our crews are the best around!).
What our concrete laborers and finishers loved most about this job was working with the top-notch construction management team at Dawson Construction.
Our guys also recognize and appreciate that the concrete construction work they do will be around for generations to come. We all think leaving a mark on the community, via well-designed, quality-built construction is a good thing!
If you are a NW Washington construction project manager looking for a highly qualified, skilled concrete subcontractor to work with, please consider contacting a member of our team. We are here to help get your next job done right the first time—on time and on budget.