BENEFITS OF CHOOSING A CAREER IN CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION
Quick start career with good pay
- No college degree required. Start a construction career upon high school graduation.
- Starting wages are $30-40,000/year and go up based on experience.
In-demand trade with hands-on training
- Invest in learning a lifelong trade. There will always be concrete work that needs to be done.
- Concrete construction skills transfer from state to state. Be employable no matter where you live.
- Receive on-the-job training and mentorship from experienced concrete contractors.
Continuing education and chance for advancement
- Opportunity to fund continuing education. Work while going to college (seasonal employment during summer months).
- Architect, engineer, project and construction management majors—become a well-rounded construction professional with hands-on jobsite experience.
- Work up to a construction management career–from laborer to flatwork finisher to foreman to site superintendent to estimator to project manager.
Working conditions and company culture
- Spend your days outdoors where there is always a change of scenery (different job sites).
- Be a valuable team member—it’s a “brotherhood of concrete finishers/laborers”.
- Work alongside those who have a strong work ethic, communicate openly and hold each other to high standards.
- Take pride in building projects around the community. Concrete projects will be around for decades.
- Be artistic! Take imperfect ingredients (cement, water, rock, sand) and mold them into something creative and cool.
Benefits: Benefits: Instead of providing traditional benefits with mandatory paycheck deductions, Custom Concrete offers hourly wages that are above industry standard. This practice allows our employees to have full control of their benefits. They can select a healthcare insurance provider to work with and purchase healthcare, vision and dental plans that meet their individual needs.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
>> CONCRETE CREW LEADER: FT, mostly weekday shifts – Download job description <<
Custom Concrete Contracting has earned a reputation for delivering a high quality product. Our clients include individual property owners, home builders and remodeling companies, commercial contractors, and governmental agencies who trust us to get the job done right…the first time.
You can join our team of concrete finishing pros! If you have a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude, please review current job openings and job descriptions shown below. Then download and print CCC’s employment application and email or mail it to:
Custom Concrete Contracting, Attention: Human Resources
PO Box 31775, Bellingham, WA 98228